We aim to assist people in managing their own mental health and wellness. While the organisation was set up with an initial aim of being there for people when they are at their lowest moments, we have found that a proactive approach to mental wellness has more beneficial and far-reaching effects.
Our crisis cafes still form the basis of our service offering. However, we now offer a range of mental wellness courses designed to allow users to take control over their own mental health and wellbeing, with the ultimate aim that our crisis cafes will not be needed.
We provide support and help by:
- Offering a safe place for peer-led support for those who present in emotional distress.
- Assisting people at risk of suicide to keep themselves safe, with the support of our suicide prevention trained volunteers, by forming a safety plan to help those at risk to form a safety plan to keep themselves safe.
- To provide an after office-hours support centre that will be accessible for support from people with lived experience of recovery or training in this field.
- Providing support and information to those in distress to identify other local organisations or services that can provide the help they need in their recovery.
- Working in collaboration with other local organisations that have similar objectives. We may make referrals to their services to allow our service user get the help they may need.
- Running a Steering Committee for Suicide Prevention in collaboration with other local services to address challenges and adversities with suicide prevention and getting the right support for mental health.
- Advocating for the needs and rights of people struggling with mental health difficulties and their families.
- Providing support and services to families that are affected by mental health or suicide, including peer support, signposting them to local organisations that can assist them and providing a supportive space for families whose loved ones have gone missing.
- Encouraging and advocating for improvements in the mental health system.
- Providing a follow-up support for the short term while people in emotional distress are awaiting for an appointment to engage in more long-term support.